A travel blog for Kathie's clients.
- I would start with the Hop on Hop off bus. This will give you a good overview of the city and what you might want to go back and see. Here are my pictures from the top of the bus.
- The Edinburgh Castle – this can take several hours. The entrance is from the Royal Mile (use The Scotch Whisky Experience to find the entrance on google maps). Click on the map below to enlarge it.
- Revisit places on the Royal Mile – you don’t get to wander off on your own on the walking tour – I still want to do the Scotch Whisky Experience
- I found The Albannach Whiskey Bar on my last night in Edinburgh one time. I almost didn’t go home. 220 malt whiskies line the walls. Here is the menu Albanach_Whiskey_Menu
and here are my pictures of the Albannach.
- Grassmarket is a fun, outdoor market area. When we were there they were showing Mary Poppins on a large screen with seating area. http://www.greatergrassmarket.co.uk/
my pics of Grassmarket.
- Holyrood Palace – The Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh is the official residence of Her Majesty The Queen in Scotland.
- St Giles’ Cathedral is a common meeting place on the Royal Mile and has a rooftop tour that allows you to see the city from up above.
- Gardens, Monuments and Museums… (do any of these spark your interest? let me know and I can help you with what to go visit. There is a lot to do in Edinburgh.)